Material Things, 28 Fitzherbert Road, Farlington Portsmouth, PO6 1RU
Duties will include: –
- Greeting Customers
- Answering phone calls, and re-directing them
- Dealing with queries and logging complaints
- Providing administrative support to senior management
- Placing bookings for client appointments
- Updating customer records, recording orders on the database
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Promoting the company and brand where possible
- Maintaining a good knowledge of products and services
- Answering emails and managing email communications
Material Things is a family run business with over 40 years of experience in the design and manufacture of beautiful hand-made suites and soft furnishings. Offering a range of services providing customers with an expert touch and aesthetic, Material Things are the best in the business when it comes to everything from gorgeous handmade curtains and crafted blinds through to entire interior design consultation.
Renowned for quality, style and attention to detail as well as impeccable customer service, Material Things go above and beyond and pride themselves on being ‘The Finest Furniture Showroom in the South’. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain experience in administration and see the inner workings of a Retail company offering bespoke services.
- 40 Hours Per Week 8.45 – 1730 Monday to Friday
Available to work extra hours and Saturdays on an ad-hoc basis to cover sales persons holidays
- Minimum wage
- GCSE English
- GCSE Maths
- ICT preferred but not necessary
Candidates will need to be personable, confident, highly organized with an eye for detail. Excellent communication skills on all levels and a flexible personality and approach. Confident working with a range of customers both over the phone, by email and in person. Excellent time management skills, can juggle a heavy workload and work in a busy, high pressure environment.
Must be flexible and may be asked to work on a Saturday during busy sale months and possible bank holidays. This would be discussed with prior notice.
Holiday will not be allowed during Jan & July – Sale months