Material Things, 28 Fitzherbert Road, Farlington Portsmouth, PO6 1RU
Duties will include:
- Greeting Customers
- Answering phone calls, and re-directing them
- Dealing with queries and complaints
- Providing administrative support to senior management
- Placing bookings for client appointments
- Taking orders both in person and over the phone
- Updating customer records
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Promoting the company and brand where possible
- Maintaining a good knowledge of products and services
- Answering emails and managing email communications
Title: Business Administrator – Retail Administration Assistant
Must be confident in greeting customers, answering telephone calls and working computer systems.
Material Things is a family run business with over 40 years of experience in the design and manufacture of beautiful hand-made suites and soft furnishings. Offering a range of services providing customers with an expert touch and aesthetic, Material Things are the best in the business when it comes to everything from gorgeous handmade curtains and crafted blinds through to entire interior design consultation.
Renowned for quality, style and attention to detail as well as impeccable customer service, Material Things go above and beyond and pride themselves on being ‘The Finest Furniture Showroom in the South’. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain experience in administration and see the inner workings of a Retail company offering bespoke services.
Portsmouth PO6 1RU
- 40 Hours Per Week 8.45 – 1730 Monday to Friday
- Available to work extra hours and Saturdays on an ad-hoc basis to cover sales persons holidays
6.50 an hour
Number of Vacancies:
1 TELEPHONE INTERVIEW THEN FACE TO FACE
Lisa Clark – 02392 313002 / Nicky Stamp 020392 313000
- Candidates will need to have:
- Strong people skills
- Presentable at all times
- Communication skills on all levels
- ICT literate
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- GCSE English
- GCSE Maths & ICT preferred but not necessary
Candidates will need to be personable, confident, highly organized with an eye for detail. Excellent communication skills on all levels and a flexible personality and approach. Confident working with a range of customers both over the phone, by email and in person. Excellent time management skills, can juggle a heavy workload and work in a busy, high pressure environment.
After training in business administration we would be looking at other area’s of the business may be interested in for example Sales Advisor
Two additional questions from employer
1)All sales staff are busy dealing with customers and another customer comes in wanting to see someone asap, what would you do?
2)What would you do if a customer came into the shop or on the telephone and started to complain about a chair they had bought?